CCI Companies, Inc. is currently looking for a Construction Engineer to support a variety of Heavy Highway Construction Projects. The position is based out of our Canastota, NY Office, but may also entail extended periods of time at project locations which are not local to Canastota. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Soliciting and reviewing bids for services and materials;
- Participating in construction activities to track the quantities of project contract items performed daily;
- Participating in certain construction activities to track labor, materials and equipment associated with change orders, which are activities outside of or in addition to the project contract;
- Creating and leading a safety culture in the office and at the job site;
- Reporting to the President and the Project Superintendents to help with the development of project schedules and any modifications to project schedules;
- Reporting to the President and the Project Superintendents in terms of project status, payment for contract items, and payment for change orders; and
- Estimating cost of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contract;
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of relevant experience with a high school diploma, 11+ years of relevant experience with an associate's degree in one of the applied sciences, or 5 years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management;
- Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data;
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a computer, smart phone, etc., each including the typical software packages such as Microsoft Office;
- Ability to quickly learn construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/duration, safety planning, means and methods;
- Ability to predict problems before they develop;
- Ability to motivate others in harsh environments;
- Ability to work daily from 7:00 to 5:00, with longer hours required at times during the construction season;
- Capability for making sound and accurate judgments based on available information;
- Ability to have a conscientious attitude toward controlling job costs; and
- Ability to effectively communicate with inspectors, senior management, coworkers and subordinates.
- OSHA 30 hour Construction Safety Training (preferred or can quickly obtain).
CCI Companies, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.
CCI Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.